This recipe is ideal for whilst we’re craving takeout. i love that we can make it at domestic and it’s even greater delicious! We also like to make clean veggie pork ramen and baked teriyaki cook. i am so excited to percentage this candy and sour hen recipe that my family without a doubt loves. My complete family is a fan even the children.
This recipe will actually be entering into your favorites document. I have to admit I’m commonly now not a large fan of chinese language meals when we go out due to the fact i am remarkable picky about meat, but i like making it at domestic.
|DELICIOUS SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN|
This yummy recipe came from my pal Alison, however I introduced in a few of my favorite spices and loved the cease result! The home made candy and sour sauce is what definitely takes this recipe over the top.
if you’re in a hurry, you could always use store-sold to. The sauce on pinnacle is heavenly. So precise and truely really worth making it homemade! It’s what facilitates take the recipe to the following degree. Plus it’s actually smooth to make. You simply need the easy components underneath to get started out.
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken (cut into bite size pieces)
- 3/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs (whisked)
FOR THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (distilled vinegar will work too)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Place the chicken, corn starch, salt, pepper and garlic salt in a large ziplock bag and shake until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and place in the frying pan with a fork. I did half the batch first. Fry both sides of the chicken for about 2 minutes a piece and place chicken on the pan. Dispose of the burnt oil and then heat up the rest of the oil and finish the chicken.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Next, pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes. Pull the chicken out and flip the chicken to evenly coat it with sauce. Then bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and vegetables. Enjoy!