6. Add Candy Corn
Next, add the four candy corns (top of the corn in icing) to your cupcake, as shown above. Your fun turkey cupcakes with candy corn suddenly have tails!
This is the part of the Thanksgiving cupcake decorations that the kids generally love helping out with. They have quite the imaginations and before you know it, turkeys are going to be gobbling up all of the space in your kitchen!
7. Add Candy Eyes
Another favorite decorating moment for the kiddos is adding the candy eyes! Suddenly, your fun turkey cupcakes can see! Just look at how cute they are!
8. Add M&M’s
Finally, you will add a yellow M&M that will stand in for the turkey’s beak. And just like that, your Thanksgiving cupcakes are all finished up!
Now, you can eat turkey for dinner, and finish the meal with turkey for dessert! Gobble, gobble!
Now, you can serve and enjoy! How easy were those to create?! The kids love being involved with Thanksgiving prep and it’s a great thing to have them decorate while you are busy making all of the other Thanksgiving food that will be enjoyed during the day.
This could also be a great activity that you could have the kids do during your actual Thanksgiving Day celebration. All you would have to do is make the cupcakes ahead of time, and let the kiddos create their own turkey cupcakes to keep them busy during the day. It’s always handy to have something going on for the kids while you are busy in the kitchen trying to get the meal ready to serve!
- White Cake Mix (and ingredients listed on box)
- Chocolate or Fudge Icing
- Candy Corn
- Yellow M&M’s
- Candy Eyes
- Mini Cupcake Liners
- Mini Cupcake Bake Pan
- Icing Pipping Kit (optional)
- Start by preparing your cake batter according to box instructions.
- Fill your cupcake liners 1/2 of the way full.
- Bake cupcakes according to box instructions (I only baked mine for 15 minutes, rather then the recommended 19 minutes. Just pay close attention.
- After baking let cool completely.
- If you choose to use a icing pipping kit, fill your icing bag with your chocolate icing.
- I started in the middle and just added one large dot of icing, on to each cupcake.
- Next add four candy corns (top of the corn in icing) to your cupcake as shown.
- Add two candy eyes.
- Finally, add a yellow M&M for the beak.
- Serve and enjoy!
Does your child have a Thanksgiving celebration at school? These are great treats to bring in for all of the kids to enjoy, as well. We just love themed dessert ideas! And the kids are pretty darn excited to bring these in for all of their friends to gobble up!
These candy corn-studded cupcakes will help you celebrate the holiday. Even better? No actual turkeys will be harmed in the making of them. At least for the cupcakes!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday with your loved ones! We’re very happy to provide a fun and easy Turkey cupcake that the entire family will love on your Thanksgiving buffet!